What Are Fastbraces?What are Fastbraces®? Fastbraces® were developed as a revolutionary solution to straighten crooked teeth in a different way to traditional braces. It is a complete, non-extraction based system and it provides patients with speedy, effective results. The difference between conventional brace systems and Fastbraces® is that tooth movement is staggered. With traditional dental braces, the teeth move in two stages; firstly the crown, then the root. Fastbraces® can often halve the length of treatment time because it focuses on both areas at once. Aesthetika offer Fastbrace ® solutions. If your teeth are crooked, twisted or misaligned then this could be the treatment for you.
How do Fastbraces ® work?Fastbraces® use an innovative ‘elbow’ design in the brackets. This is coupled with a uniquely shaped wire and these two components work together to exert forces on the root and crown simultaneously. When teeth are crooked, the root is typically not in the correct position. If Fastbraces® are applied, with a wire (instead of a bracket), this means that the distance between the braces is doubled. The extra space means there is more flexibility of wire. The root can be straightened upright, in a much shorter time frame. Fastbraces® technology is a gentle treatment which allows the movement of the roots of the teeth into their final position, right from the start of treatment. This means that patients can complete treatment anytime from three months after the commencement, to a year. Some patients report seeing results and changes within a few weeks. The technology associated with Fastbraces ® has a low frictional force and this means there is a reduction in sliding friction, and thus a reduction in pain when fitting front and back teeth together. There is no need to wear retainers for hours during the day, either. In fact, retention treatment is only needed for around fifteen to twenty minutes per day whilst using Fastbraces®.
Fastbraces ® Treatment GuideThe first step to a great smile is to meet your private dentist to determine if you are a candidate for the Fastbraces® system. They will then undertake a comprehensive exam of your mouth and smile. This is followed by tooth impressions and x rays, to create a customized treatment plan designed specifically for your smile. Before you go ahead and book an appointment to talk to your private Kingston dentist about Fastbraces® ask yourself a few questions to see if you’re a good candidate for this type of treatment:
- Would you like to have a straighter smile?
- Would you like to achieve that smile in a short space of time?
- Would you like to experience little to no pain with the treatment?
- Would you like to have a cost effective option for brace treatment?
Fastbraces® Can Give You Confidence BackThink about the following questions and answer them honestly.
- Do you have gaps between your teeth?
- Are your teeth crooked?
- Do you feel you have to ‘hide’ your teeth, for instance do you cover your mouth a lot?
- Do you tend to avoid smiling in photos?
- Are you generally unhappy with your smile?
The advantages of Fastbraces®
2. Safe and Reduces PainThe technology for Fastbraces® has been in use for over twenty years now and in that time patients who use the treatment have found it to be incredibly safe and reliable. Patients often report feeling much less pain and discomfort than with traditional braces. As the braces are typically ‘fixed’ for less time than normal braces, there is less risk of dental hygiene issues, too.
3. AffordableTreatment can be very affordable in most cases. This is because there are often less visits to the dentist clinic needed.
4. Different, Effective DesignConventional braces are square shaped, and this defines the distance between the brackets and determines how flexible the wire is. Fastbraces® Technology is equipped with an elevated slot and possess a unique ‘elbow’ design. The way the bracket is shaped is critical because it alters the force and the flexibility of the brace. It increases the distance between the individual brackets, which in turn, increases the flexibility of the wire. Theses brackets also help with the ‘tipping forces’ to the root of the tooth, right from the start of your treatment. This alone means that Fastbraces ® treatment can be completed from three months to one year after their fitting. This is especially important for children or adults who have concerns about the aesthetics of braces and worry about their looks. They also might wonder how quickly Fastbraces ® can be removed and the quick treatment time can be a deciding factor! Fastbraces® also now come in a clear option, for those who want their treatment to be as inconspicuous as possible. Talk to your private dentist about this today.