Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Aesthetika Dental Studio Terms & Conditions
Aesthetika Dental Studio is a registered provider of dental services. Meaning we have a responsibility of ensuring that patient care is centred at the patients needs, which is monitored by the Care Quality Commission.
- The regular fee for consultations is usually £120, however if you are seeking cosmetic, orthodontic or implant treatment the consultation will be free of charge, subject to a £25 holding deposit. The £25 deposit is redeemable against treatment and will be refunded should you decide not to proceed. Should you require further consultation or reviews (follow up appointments) the standard charge of £120 will be applied.
- Should you require your clinical consultation notes for any third parties, these will be provided free of charge, complying with a subject access form that has been submitted to the practice.
- Emergency appointments are chargeable at £85 for all patients. Including, new, existing and outside of guarantee treatment plans. Any treatment needed or carried out as a subsequent of an emergency appointment will be chargeable at our normal price list.
Deposits and Treatments:
- Due to the length of appointments, a deposit of 50% of the total treatment plan cost will be due in order to book the initial appointment (sometimes more, depending on the nature of the materials needed to carry out the treatment).
- The deposit may be charged and obtained due to short notice cancellations and failure to attend appointments.
- If you have paid your deposit and change your mind in seven days, a refund will be issued and an administrative fee of £180 will be charged.
- If you have paid a deposit and wish to cancel your appointment after the seven day cooling off period, Aesthetika Dental Studio will retain the deposit. This fee will not apply if you have been unable to proceed due to medical reasons (providing proof has been submitted).
- The administrative fee will apply if you are unable to proceed due to dental reasons and there is no other alternative.
- If agreed between Aesthetika Dental Studio and the patient, a deposit can be paid to secure a treatment plan for up to one month e.g. to secure a promotional offer. Should you wish to proceed after the one month period, a new deposit will need to be paid in order to proceed and the previous deposit will be retained by Aesthetika Dental Studio.
- If a treatment plan is placed on hold (up to six months) due to medical/dental reasons but the patient decides to cancel the treatment within this period, Aesthetika Dental Studio will retain the deposit.
- Treatment plans are valid for a period 3 months and expire after the date of the proposed plan. If you decide to proceed with the treatment after this period, a consultation will be required and you will be given an updated treatment plan.
- Should any further treatment be required during a current course of treatment, such as; grafting prior to an implant, root canal or gum treatment, this will not be included in your current treatment plan a breakdown of the costs will be provided.
- Please note additional treatment costs cannot be added onto any finance agreements which you may already have in place. However, you will still have the option to apply for another finance plan which will be accepted subject to approval from the finance provider.
Prosthetic and other dental treatments:
- In the unlikely event of a failure, all laboratory and prosthetic work carry a one year guarantee from the day of the final fit.
- For crowns, bridges, veneers, orthodontic and composite bonding treatments, although uncommon it is a possibility that additional appointments may be needed for further refinements, such as; re-cement, re-fixing and re-polishing. Should any of these appointments be needed, they will be carried out free of charge within the first 12 month guarantee. After the 12 month guarantee period, our standard fees will apply.
- Aesthetika Dental Studio will not cover costs for any expenses, such as: travel, accommodation, or absence from work.
- Prosthetic components may need to be replaced after a period of time due to the cement which is used. The cement tends to wash out and will need re-cementing every couple of years or more/less. This does not fall under our regular guarantee and will be categorised under general maintenance appointments.
- Dentures can wear over time and may need replacing. Dentures quite often need refining to ensure the fit is most comfortable. Dentures are guaranteed for a period 12 months from the date of the final fit.
- The retentive components attached to fixed dentures need to be changed depending on the lifetime of the denture. This is not part of the guarantee and will be charged in accordance with our standard prices.
- Temporary, provisional and immediate prosthesis (dentures, temporary crown, bridges and veneers) are not subject to any guarantee.
- It is also vital to inform you, due to the infinitely variable nature of the human body, there may be unforeseen circumstances that may occur before/during or after treatment, which is beyond the clinicians control. Such as; root canal treatment after a cosmetic tooth preparation. A quote would be given should this occur.
- There may be instances where additional appointments are necessary, that may be unplanned and unpredictable in order to ensure the best final result. Aesthetika Dental Studio will always act in the patient’s best interest should this be the case.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to check and ensure they are happy with the final result and have communicated this with the treating dentist if otherwise, in order to ensure it can be adjusted in a timely manner. Once the final prosthesis is fitted, should the patient wish to make any changes, standard charges will apply.
Dental Implants Statement and Guarantee:
- Aesthetika Dental Studio uses the latest technology and materials to ensure our patients are receiving high quality implants which are placed by qualified and experienced dentists.
- Dental Implants come with a lifetime guarantee as provided by the manufacturer (Osstem, Biomet, which is part of Zimmers implants). Any guarantee given by the implant manufacturers are limited to the implant material and exclude implant failure due to biological reasons. However, in rare cases of non-integration of the implant you will benefit from an Aesthetika Dental peace of mind that we will:
- Replace the failed implant free of charge on one occasion within the 12 month guarantee from the implant placement, provided that the bone conditions are still suitable.
- It is the decision of the treating dentist if they have a reason to refuse a guaranteed case, should they feel the patient has faltered with any of the following factors below. (This guarantee is limited to the replacement of the dental implant(s) and excludes any additional costs, e.g. additional bone grafts, medications, travel expenses, and/or absence from work.
- There will be no refund or fees, in the instance that it is not possible to replace the implant, an alternative treatment plan will be provided at the same price range, however it may also incur additional charges.
- It is also necessary to highlight that given the infinitely variable nature of the human body and its functions, the following listed biological failures below do not form any part of the guarantee.
- Second time lack of integration after implant placement.
- Bone loss or gum recession after implant placement.
- Future/previous illnesses, diseases or conditions that may cause bone loss or implant failure.
- Following your implant consultation, a treatment report will be emailed to you by the treating dentist to outline the pros and cons of the treatment.
- All implant treatments are automatically guaranteed for one year after treatment is complete. (Automatic guarantee will expire 12 months from surgery date and restoration guarantee will expire 12 month from fitting the final prosthesis.) Providing the following conditions have been met:
- The patient has fully paid for their treatment and does not owe any money to the practice for treatment received.
- The implants, crowns, dentures or bridges have not been damaged as a result of accident, trauma or excessive grinding.
- The patient has attended a routine examination every 3-12 months, as prescribed by the dentist.
- The implant crown or components must not have been removed or modified by another practice
- It is the patient’s responsibility to book in all follow-ups maintenance and hygiene appointments as required.
- The implant guarantee plan must be agreed by the end of the first year after completion and will commence on the expiry date of the original guarantee.
- If you are a member of ‘Implant Guarantee’ your implants are guaranteed for 5 years from the first day of membership. To qualify for the guarantee, you must:
- The implants must have placed by Aesthetika Dental
- You must attend regular check-ups at Aesthetika Dental at least once a year and attend all hygienist appointments prescribed by your dentist.
- The implants crown and components must not have been removed or modified by another practice
- Trauma must not be self-inflicted
- Payments must be up to date
Regular check-ups are vital to healthy maintenance of implants. Failure to attend such appointments will invalidate your guarantee.
- All appointments regarding your completed implant treatment will be chargeable should you not be an implant guarantee member and your one year automatic guarantee has expired.
Speak to your dentist or treatment coordinator today to find out more or to receive an Implant Guarantee brochure.
Temporary Dentures and Crowns:
- These are only temporary measures and placed for aesthetic purposes only. Due to changes in gum conditions throughout treatment, it is impossible for Aesthetika Dental to guarantee a perfect fit. Patient cooperation and understanding is needed to adapt to wearing and eating.
- Given timescales for treatment must be adhered to, especially in situations where temporary prosthetics are prescribed. The prolonged use of temporary solutions (dentures, crowns, bridges or veneers) can result in the destruction of supporting structures due to improper loading on natural teeth.
- Guarantees will be reduced or invalidated if the following is not followed:
- If the patient fails to visit Aesthetika Dental for a routine check-up/dental implant review appointment twice a year. (Please see our practice plans and packages at reception)
- b) If the patient neglects their oral hygiene (regular maintenance by a dental hygienist is strongly recommended).
- If the dentist instructions are not followed
- If another dental practice has carried out any corrective or additional treatment on dentistry or laboratory work provided by Aesthetika.
- If removable restorations such as; partial dentures or full dentures are not kept and maintained properly.
- If the gum tissue or tooth bone is naturally reduced.
- If the patient is a smoker.
- If the patient loses or gains a substantial amount of weight during a short period of time.In case of accidental damage, for example dropping dentures.
- If the gum tissue or supporting bone reduces due to disease (periodontal disease, diabetes, osteoporosis) or to the effects of medications or treatments (such as bisphosphonate therapy, epilepsy, chemo or radiotherapy).
- If the patient does not follow the treatment timeline or does not complete the full treatment recommended by your dentist and shown on your treatment plan(s).
- If the patient does not notify Aesthetika prior to exercising their guarantee.
All patients are requested to have a 3 month follow up post removal of the braces, this is the patient’s responsibility to book this with reception at the removal appointment.
Aesthetika is not liable for teeth movement post brace removal, Aesthetika advises all patients to follow aftercare as discussed with your dentist. Failing to comply with aftercare can jeopardise long lasting results and can cause your teeth to move.
Removable essix and fixed retainers are guaranteed for 6 months post fitting the appliances.
Any breakages outside of our 6 month guarantee or loss of appliance will result in a repair or replacement cost, provided on our price list.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Late cancellation or missed appointments:
If you need to cancel or change an appointment, please give the practice as much notice as possible. We require a minimum of 48 hours, otherwise you will incur a cancellation fee. Appointments cancelled within 48 hours notice will, at the practice’s discretion, incur a cancellation fee of £50 per 30 minutes.
Please be aware that if two consecutive appointments are cancelled without 48 hours notice, or failed to attend (without good reason), no further appointments shall be offered at the practice without a holding deposit of £50 per 30 minutes.
We will not be able to see you if you are more than 10 minutes late, in case of lateness, we will reschedule your appointment and the cancellation fee will be applied.
Cancelling your treatment
- WE DO NOT CANCEL FINANCES AFTER THE 14 DAY COOLING OFF PERIOD
- WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS PART WAY THROUGH IMPLANT, COSMETIC OR ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
- ALL TREATMENT DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE UNLESS DEEMED MEDICALLY UNSUITABLE (proof will be required)
An administration fee of £180 will be incurred, all costs incurred (including finance fees) by the practice for the provision of the treatment for implant, cosmetic and orthodontic courses of treatment; the cancellation fee shall not be less than 25% of the total price of the course of treatment.
Aesthetika Dental Studio on one occasion may offer a reduction on larger treatment plans. Should you wish to cancel your treatment within 7 days. Aesthetika Dental reserves the right to charge the full listed price for the remaining treatment. For all listed treatment pricing, please refer to aesthetikadentalstudo.co.uk or your treatment coordinator.
Please allow 90 days for a treatment cost refund, this is from the date of the refund requested in writing to the practice.
Cancelling your finance
If you have chosen to pay for your treatment through one of our finance providers, you have 14 days from the date of fulfilling your finance in which to cancel. This however means that you will have to make immediate payment for any treatment you have had to this date via another payment method. This clause is in addition to but does not replace any other cancellation or terms and conditions.
Any deposit refunds will be refunded within our ‘refund’ guideline deducting any outstanding balance or fees.
If you have financed any of the costs of your treatment through the finance company and wish to cancel your treatment after signing the agreement forms, please be aware that a cancellation fee of up to 15% of the total finance amount will be charged.
Please allow 90 days for a treatment cost refund, this is from the date of the refund request in writing to the practice.